Nadal for the eighth time in his career he topped the ATP ranking
The Association of tennis professionals (ATP) published on the official website of the new ranked players. The list was headed by Spaniard Rafael Nadal, last week due to injury withdrawing from the tournament series «masters» in Paris before the semi-final against the representative of Canada Denis Shapovalov.
The leader in the rating during the year, the Serb Novak Djokovic fell to second place, despite the victory in Paris. The third left the Swiss Roger Federer, fourth — Daniil Medvedev.
According to information of the journalist of CNN’s Ravi Ubhi, Nadal later on Monday will be held by magnetic resonance imaging. The study will decide on the participation of Nadal in the Final of the ATP tournament, which kicks off in London on 10 November.
Nadal became the first racket of the world eighth time in his career. He first topped the rankings in August 2008. As leader of the world classification he spends a total of 197 week.
By this measure, Nadal takes sixth place. The Spaniard is second only to the American Jimmy Connors (268 weeks), Ivan Lendl, representing Czechoslovakia and the USA (270), Djokovic (275), American Pete Sampras (286) and Federer (310).
This season, Nadal has won the «Roland Garros» and US Open. Career total he won 19 tournaments of «Grand slam», conceding on this indicator only Federer (20).
The ATP ranking. The situation on 4 November
1. Rafael Nadal (Spain) — 9585
2. Novak Djokovic (Serbia) — 8945
3. Roger Federer (Switzerland) — 6190
4. Daniil Medvedev (Russia) — 5705
5. Dominique Tim (Austria) — 5025
6. Zizipus Stefanos (Greece) — 4000
7. Alexander Zverev (Germany) — 2945
8. Matteo Berrettini (Italy) — 2670
9. Roberto Bautista-Agut (Spain) — 2540
10. Gael Monfis (France) — 2530…
17. Karen Khachanov (Russia) — 1840…
23. Andrei Rublev (Russia) — 1584